AMT Cartech have been developing flash tools since OBD tuning began, in fact they were responsible for developing the very first known OBD flasher “KWP2000”. The KWP2000 supported ecu’s using the Key Word Protocol 2000 as the name suggests!
Since then many new communication protocols arrived, so a new tool was needed and hence the Multi Protocol Programming System was born (MPPS).
The MPPS is a powerful programming tool. It offers general reading / writing operations and checksum support, however it also includes some additional features:
- Excellent recovery functions. In some cases MPPS can recover ECU’s which others tools can not even make communications with. On certain controllers it even works when with no program is present (a blank memory).
- Selectable full / partial reading and writing when the ECU allows this function.
- Selectable reading / writing speed.
- Writing “changes only” function for faster programming (when supported by the ECU).
- Auto detection of K-Line/CAN, and option to bypass and force preferred means of communication.
- Temporary bypass of immobiliser to allow flashing on the bench on ME7 systems.
- Boot mode support for ECU’s with C167 and ST10 processors.
- EEprom read/write functions for some ECU’s are included.
- VAG MEDC17 TPROT level checking without opening the ECU.
MPPS has no annual fees, or subscriptions. Updates are free!
MPPS covers a range of controllers including M3.8, M5.9, ME7xx, MED9, MED17, EDC15/16/17, Delphi, Siemens, Marelli, Delco, Sagem, Trionic and many others…Supported Car List
This tool is available in different configurations, the comparison table below shows the differences:
|Feature:||Slave||Standalone Master||Master||Virtual Master|
|Read from vehicle|
|Write to vehicle|
|Reads open/encrypted files||Encrypted||Open||Open||N/A|
|Can have slave units|
|Online updates||Not Required|