AMT Cartech have been developing flash tools since OBD tuning began, in fact they were responsible for developing the very first known OBD flasher “KWP2000”. The KWP2000 supported ecu’s using the Key Word Protocol 2000 as the name suggests!
Since then many new communication protocols arrived, so a new tool was needed and hence the Multi Protocol Programming System was born (MPPS).
- Excellent recovery functions. In some cases MPPS can recover ECU’s which others tools can not even make communications with. On certain controllers it even works when with no program is present (a blank memory).
- Selectable full / partial reading and writing when the ECU allows this function.
- Selectable reading / writing speed.
- Writing “changes only” function for faster programming (when supported by the ECU).
- Auto detection of K-Line/CAN, and option to bypass and force preferred means of communication.
- Temporary bypass of immobiliser to allow flashing on the bench on ME7 systems.
- Boot mode support for ECU’s with C167 and ST10 processors.
- EEprom read/write functions for some ECU’s are included.
- VAG MEDC17 TPROT level checking without opening the ECU.
MPPS has no annual fees, or subscriptions. Updates are free!
MPPS covers a range of controllers including M3.8, M5.9, ME7xx, MED9, MED17, EDC15/16/17, Delphi, Siemens, Marelli, Delco, Sagem, Trionic and many others…
This tool is available in different configurations, the comparison table below shows the differences:
|Feature:||Slave||Standalone Master||Master||Virtual Master|
|Read from vehicle|
|Write to vehicle|
|Reads open/encrypted files||Encrypted||Open||Open||N/A|
|Can have slave units|
|Online updates||Not Required|
The following modules are available to expand the functions of MPPS:
This module adds boot mode support for controllers with the tricore processor.
- Auto detects ECU and processor type. No need to select from list, everything is automatic!
- Read/Write of all memories Eeprom, Irom, Xrom (where possible)
- Patch function for OBD Flashing of TPROT ECU’s (supports only VAG at the moment)
- TPROT / DS check feature, for testing if TPROT is active without opening ECU.
- Supports Bosch upto TP12
- Supports Siemens (current only for ECU’s without password protection),
- Support for unlocking of VAG Simos PCR and Simos 8.
- Checksum Correction supported for Bosch MEDC17 irom and eeprom.
- Checksum Correction supported for Simos PCR, Simos 8 and SID305 irom.
- NEW! Support for Bosch Service Mode to read password on ECU using TP12+
- NEW! Special file utility for creating OBD unlock files from VAS FRF containers.
This module adds support for advanced functions on Marelli ECU’s.
- Read / Write of Micro, Flash and EEprom without using a BDM programmer!
- Fiat 6F3 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Fiat 6JF – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line.
- Fiat 8DF – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line.
- Fiat 8F2 – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Fiat 8F3 – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Fiat 8GM – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over CAN.
- Fiat 8GS – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over CAN.
- Fiat 5SF3 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over CAN.
- Fiat 5SF3 – Full Read / Write EEprom over K-Line.
- Fiat 5SF8 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Fiat 5SF9 – Full Read / Write Flash and EEprom over CAN.
- Fiat ME7.9.10 – Full Read / Write Micro over CAN.
- Fiat ME7.6.3 – Full Read / Write Micro over CAN.
- Opel 6O2 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Opel 6O3 – Full Read / Write Micro, Flash and EEprom over K-line and CAN.
- Opel 6JO – Full Read / Write Micro and EEprom over K-line.